Page 36 of 305 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #351
    Inactive Member Reitsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2003
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 2 reasons I didnt like FF8 were its story and its difficulty level. I cant stand romance stories unless it involves murder, conspiracy, n stuff like that. >_< Squall also gets on my nerve for being such a pansy, and there were lots of times when I just wanted to knock him down and kick him. Also, FF8 is waaaay too easy. Any enemies can be taken down simply by having low HP, then spamming invincibility, lionheart, etc. Even the Ultima Weapon was taken down so easily. Also, its possible to max the level at disc 1. Its not possible to go to towns on the last disc either. I liked the card games though. And the summons. ^_^;;

  2. #352
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I suppose I'm on the half of disc 1, things have revved up and the game rocks. You don't know what's going to happen next, and things and situations change constantly, so you must just follow the crazy story.

  3. #353
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Finished the first disc of FF8. I'm loving it so far. It is easy, but I think this can be a good thing. This way I won't need to waste my time leveling up and I can skip 30% of battles when random encounters get annoying.

    IMO, the best things of it are:

    - The great development of game and plot; it's not town/dungeon but unique missions which have particularities and handicaps; you have to divide, every character does a different thing, etc.

    - The excellent atmosphere of the game, being in a world with technology (computers, trains, etc.) but not making it ugly or futuristic, because it's like 20th Century technology and it's only in some things and parts, leaving most of the game to a more traditional RPG style. The fact that you are in a semi-military school, and an agent working for it on several missions, having to follow some orders and respect a few conventions, adds to this great atmosphere.

    The only annoying thing I've found is the fact that you'll lower your rank (and with it your incomes) if you walk around too much without having some combats or advancing the story. IMO this penalizes exploration more than random encounters already do. It's not that exploration is not possible, it is, and you can find many secrets and make money with it, but you have to be careful to get into a couple fights every now and then so you won't lose money.

  4. #354
    Inactive Member Daigotsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    FF8 was good but it isn't one of my favorites. One way you can raise your income easily is by taking the SEED exams, I think you can take them anytime from somewhere in the menu.

    I just starting playing .hack Infection. I like the concept of the game but the dungeons are already getting repetitive.

  5. #355
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, you can get rich by doing all the exams you can. I'm at the beginning of disc 2 and I have like 100000G already. The rules for the SeeD level and tests are:

    - Every bunch of steps, you get paid based on your SeeD level
    - Your SeeD level will be increased if you get paid and fought a lot since last payment
    - Your SeeD level will be decreased if you get paid and didn't fight enough since last payment
    - Your SeeD level may be raised or lowered by the Garden in some missions

    - Your SeeD level is incremented at every exam you pass
    - There are 30 exams (and 31 SeeD levels)
    - You cannot have passed more exams than Squall's level, so you should do 6, 7 or whatever you can after your promotion to SeeD, then do an exam everytime Squall goes up a level
    - You cannot repeat an exam, even if you were downgraded

    Exams have 10 True/False questions and you must answer all of them well to pass. However, you can try again if you fail, and the questions are the same. So all you have to do is:

    1. Go one round answering whatever you think, taking good note of the answers and how sure you are about them. Make the maximum sure factor to be 99%, so if it asks "2 = 2?" you'll write True and 99% sure in your notes.
    2. Repeat the exam changing the question you're least sure of to the opposite value
    3. If you get every question right, go to step 5. If you don't: If you get more points than before, keep the change, otherwise, undo it. In any case, mark that answer as 100% sure (now that it has been officially verified).
    4. Go to 2.
    5. You're done ^_^.

    There may be better methods to guess, like doing three changes at once, but I won't explain them because they are too complex (they are better done by computers).

  6. #356
    Inactive Member bassmandee's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2003
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found me another game that I am in love with. Xenosaga is one killer game. All of those who haven't played it, it is one you definatly should get.

  7. #357
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He he, you've opened Pandora's box. Xeno* is IMO the best RPG saga ever, best games saga ever, best saga ever, best story ever, and probably most fun ever too.

    There are plenty of Xeno* threads in this board, so if you need help with it, want to comment, write a review, ask about the story or the fifth chapter (Xenogears), or have anything to say or ask about it, feel free to use them ^_^ (or create a new one).

  8. #358
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've got FFX-2. Only played for half an hour, I need to get some stuff done for tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about it. I wanted to get the sequel to FFX, and the graphics look great for a PS2, with a helluva FX, but I have seen some things I don't like:

    - The combat system. Don't like it. It's really confusing. Fast-paced, with more than one character doing stuff, lots of effects, bells and whistles around, the cameras which show the scene from afar, your characters wearing weird clothes, and to make matters worse, changing them every second, I can't really tell WTF is happening.

    - The game atmosphere. Damn this looks like a TV show. I don't like TV shows. And I don't like having my characters do stupid things then the scene freezes, and funny background appears with their name like they were some sort of big brother star.

    - The music. It's too unthemed, too cold, it just stays there, saying nothing, wanting nothing. I had already kind of complained about the music in FFX being below my expectations, and now every music sounds like menu music: background music with rhythm and modern style that just accompanies you and doesn't express anything.

    So the first contact with the game wasn't that good. The intro FMV was good quality and had a lot of work, but everything moved so fast you couldn't appreciate it, you can't enjoy the scene.

  9. #359
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    You can set the battle system to wait, and then to slow if you need it. The speed of the battle system is awesome.

    The dresses ar easy. It's just a job system, but you can switch jobs in battle.

    I love the atmosphere. It's upbeat, but manages to maintain a good story.

    I like the music,it has some good sad music and alot of good happy music.

    Meh, I've been waiting for a good RPG which doesn't have to be all sad through the better half the story. Plus the unlinearity in X-2 is awesome.

  10. #360
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sometimes I want happy stuff but I usually like sad, dark RPGs like Xenosaga. The reason is the story feels more serious and epic and I'm more motivated if a god is going to destroy the world, and, what's worse, I'll lose my girlfriend ( [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

    Wiseman's motivation gauge:

    Mission to help a stranger:
    =X "WTF, I'm not Mr. Fix-it"

    Mission to help a friend:
    ===X "Okay"

    Mission I'm getting paid for:
    ======X "$_$"

    Mission to help a friend who really needs it:
    =======X "Sure, no problem."

    Mission for a girl:
    ==========X "Hee hee"

    Mission for a girl I love:
    ========================X "What'cha wanna kill!?"

    Mission to save the world:
    ========================X "I'm going to get famous!"

    Mission to save the world by killing god:
    =============================X|MAX "Ohh this turns me on LOL"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •